Let’s Narrow the Generation Gap – Connecting generations with technology
HOW TO BECOME A CYBER-SENIOR MENTOR?
If you are a student, and want to get community service credits or are just interested in helping a grandparent, family member or someone else in your community develop cyber-skills, here’s how:
- Download the Cyber-Seniors Trainer’s Teaching Guide and Participant’s Handbook.
- Find a Senior Citizen that would like to be cyber-savvy by reaching out to a senior in your community – why not connect with the grandparent of one of your friends? Below you will find a downloadable poster and community service logsheet to help you.
- Provide the senior with a Participant’s Handbook and use the Trainer’s Teaching Guide to direct you through the lessons.
- Have fun knowing that you are enriching the life of an important person in your community!
HOW TO BECOME A CYBER-SENIOR?
Do you know someone who is interested in becoming a Cyber-Senior? Here’s how to make this happen:
- Download the Cyber-Seniors Participant’s Handbook and pass it along to the potential Cyber-Senior.
- Find a young person in your community through friends, family or by reaching out to a local youth group. Below you will find a downloadable poster to help you.
- Make sure the youth mentor is aware of the resources on this page and uses the Trainer’s Teaching Guide to direct the lessons.
We are currently building partnerships with schools, youth groups, seniors organizations, volunteer organizations, and corporate partners to help expand the program across Canada, and around the globe. If you are interested in becoming a partner or know anyone who would, please have them contact us.
Help us enrich the lives of a million seniors by sharing the wonders of the world-wide web!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES - the following resources have been created to assist you in promoting and/or participating in the program
To All Cyber-Senior Participants:
Please be sure to track your hours and join the Cyber-Seniors mailing list so we can keep you updated on lesson plans, contests and events. For those students who would like to get Community Service Credits for your involvement in ‘Cyber-Seniors Program’, please speak to your principal or Community Service advisor.
Have fun and enjoy the journey!