Let’s Narrow the Generation Gap – Connecting generations with technology
HOW TO BECOME A CYBER-SENIOR MENTOR?
If you are a student, and want to get community service credits or are just interested in helping a grandparent, family member or someone else in your community develop cyber-skills, here’s how:
- Download the Cyber-Seniors Trainer’s Teaching Guide and Participant’s Handbook.
- Find a Senior Citizen that would like to be cyber-savvy by reaching out to a senior in your community – why not connect with the grandparent of one of your friends?
- Provide the senior with a Participant’s Handbook and use the Trainer’s Teaching Guide to direct you through the lessons.
- Have fun knowing that you are enriching the life of an important person in your community!
HOW TO BECOME A CYBER-SENIOR?
Do you know someone who is interested in becoming a Cyber-Senior? Here’s how to make this happen:
- Download the Cyber-Seniors Participant’s Handbook and pass it along to the potential Cyber-Senior.
- Find a young person in your community through friends, family or by reaching out to a local youth group.
- Make sure the youth mentor is aware of the resources on this page and uses the Trainer’s Teaching Guide to direct the lessons.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
We are currently building partnerships with schools, youth groups, seniors organizations and volunteer agencies to help spread the word and grow the Cyber-Seniors – Connecting Generations campaign.
We have made it easy for you to help us spread the word and engage others. Please download the Community Outreach Presentation Toolkit and consider organizing a presentation at your school, retirement home, community centre or other.
The Presentation Toolkit contains an Event Planning Guide, a Video and Power Point Presentation, a Customizable Poster and Brochure and a Signup/Contact Information Sheet.
Students this is an excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable leadership skills and make a difference in your community.
RESOURCES - A Community Outreach toolkit, Participant’s Handbook and Trainer’s Handbook have been created to assist you in promoting and/or participating in the program. Click on the “Get Started” icon to download these resources.
Have fun and enjoy the journey!